The True Benefits of Mentorship on an Employee’s Career
December 17th, 2013 by Michelle MansonMichelle Manson, Marketing Director
In the article she examines the reasons why an employee would seek out a mentor. Here’s an excerpt:
“The benefits of a mentorship are primarily attitudinal in nature. They can effect a change in attitude, such as job satisfaction; behaviour, such as job performance; or motivation, such as career commitment. So, before you rush to check off “find a mentor” on your career goal list, ask yourself why it is that you need a mentor.
- Do you want to build or expand your professional network?
- Do you want to enhance your leadership skills?
- Are you looking to develop your problem-solving abilities?
- Do you want to facilitate better communication among your colleagues?
- Are you seeking new perspectives?
- Are you trying to figure out how to navigate your company’s corporate culture?”
Here’s the complete article – it’s a great read!
Share this article:
Subscribe to our free newsletter to receive best practices and tips on mentoring and related social learning approaches.