Courses feature unlocks new capabilities for customers to customize mentorship training to align with their organization’s culture and meet the needs of their program participants
Bellevue, WA – Chronus, the leader in mentoring software, today announced the creation of Chronus Institute® to house its industry-leading thought leadership, mentoring program best practices and mentorship skill-building content. While some content will be made available via the Chronus website, the majority of what Chronus Institute® has to offer will be reserved for Chronus customers. Chronus Institute® will continue to evolve, but currently includes:
- Chronus Courses – Create self-paced training that matches your unique culture or use ours. Watch our video.
- Thought Leadership – Tap into unique insights as we continue to learn with our incredible customers.
- Admin Best Practices – Leverage resources that help you run programs effectively and efficiently.
- Speakers Bureau – Access a directory of vetted industry experts who can speak to your program participants on a variety of topics.
“As the thought leader in the mentoring space over the past 14 years, we have amassed a large body of knowledge, best practices and training that we are excited to house under our new Chronus Institute® umbrella.” said Seena Mortazavi, CEO of Chronus. “By further investing in future-ready mentoring, Chronus plans to continue serving as a trusted advisor for leading organizations that are committed to retaining, recruiting, developing, engaging and investing in diverse talent through the power of mentoring.”
A new product feature rolling out in conjunction with the introduction of Chronus Institute® today is Chronus Courses which, in an industry first, allows customers to offer self-paced, guided learning around mentorship to program participants. In addition to having access to Chronus’ growing library of course content, mentoring program administrators can edit pre-loaded courses crafted by Chronus mentoring experts or create and customize their own courses from scratch.
Additional functionality included in Courses:
- Assess participants’ newly acquired knowledge via built-in quizzes ensuring better retention of information
- Track participants’ progress through courses and completion status
- Require training, as desired, for participation in a mentoring program
- Enable participants to easily revisit / review course content within the platform
- Trigger communication campaigns / announcements based on percentage of course completion
Only 35 percent of organizations say a majority of their mentors are highly effective, according to HR.com’s 2021 “State of Coaching & Mentoring” report. Yet, 53 percent of organizations don’t provide formal training to their mentors.
“Mentoring programs only succeed if mentors are effective and the relationships are ultimately impactful, so training can be a key component to ensuring that success,” said Scott Urstad, Vice President of Customer Success at Chronus. “However, to accommodate the variety of ways in which mentoring is utilized within organizations, mentor/mentee training must be equally adaptive. We’ve built Chronus Courses to align with best practices in cognitive adult learning theory, by providing role-specific, experiential training with the ability to mix and match topics that apply best to your organization’s learning goals. Coupled with an easy-to-use course-building tool to build and/or augment with your own materials, Chronus Courses is an integrated, trackable, and guided approach to mentorship skill building.”
Chronus empowers the world’s top employers to shape the future-ready workforce, delivering mentoring software that unleashes the full potential of their people. Powering thousands of programs for millions of people, Chronus has been the market maker and innovator in mentoring software since the company was founded in 2007. The most innovative organizations in the world, such as Amazon, Edward Lifesciences, Electronic Arts, McGraw Hill and Mercedes Benz rely on Chronus every day to power their inclusive and future-ready mentoring programs.