2.1 Information you provide directly to Chronus when you use the Services, including:
• Contact information, including name, title, street address (home, work), postal code, country, telephone numbers (home, work, cell, etc.), email address (home, work), company name, and other similar information;
• Personal/demographic information (ie gender, level of education, etc.);
• User content (information provided when you use online means of communication (such as chat features) and all other user submissions and content you provide); and
• Any other information collected directly from you through a transaction or inquiry, or your submission of a form, registration, or communication to Chronus.
2.2 Information automatically collected from your use of the Services, including:
As you use the Services, some information can be “passively” collected using various technologies, such as cookies, web beacons, and navigational data collection (clickstream, log files, server logs, etc.). Your Internet browser automatically transmits some of this information. Such technologies keep track of your interactions with the Services and provide you with a more customized experience.
Information that Chronus automatically collects using these methods includes:
• Your activities while on Chronus-controlled websites;
• the URL of the website you just visited; and
• the Internet Protocol (IP) address and browser version currently being used by your computer.
2.3 Information collected from third party sources, including:
Chronus may collect information about you, including your name, employer, job title, and contact information from various third-parties. Third-party sources may include opt-in lists, publicly available data, consumer reporting agencies, webinar or video hosting services or other companies. If applicable and so requested by your company, Chronus may also collect information about you from your company’s administrators or HR systems.
Chronus respects your privacy and will only collect such information from third-parties in accordance with applicable law.
Chronus uses the information we collect about you for a wide range of purposes, including:
• to communicate with you (including promotional communications) and to respond to your requests (including requests for newsletter subscriptions, materials, support etc.);
• to process your transactions and to provide and contact you about products or services that you have ordered;
• to invite and help you participate in online and offline events;
• to allow you to use the Services (including allowing you to contact another person or post information and other content online);
• for analytical purposes and to improve products, services, and websites;
• for marketing and research purposes;
• for internal and/or external training, quality assurance, and related purposes (including without limitation, call center recordings);
• for legal reasons;
Chronus may combine information about you that is collected from disparate sources. As permitted by applicable law, Chronus may make full use of all information that is de-identified or otherwise not in personally identifiable form, including without limitation, user-generated content.
3.2 Cookie and Web Beacon Use.
Chronus may use the information collected from cookies and related technologies for the purposes identified above, as well as to analyze trends, administer the website, track users’ movements, gather broad demographic information for aggregate use and to confirm that a particular individual affirmed his/her consent to specific legal terms (e.g. a clickwrap license agreement.
4.1 Disclosure to Affiliates and Third-Parties to Support the Services.
Chronus may disclose information you provide to Chronus’ affiliates and partners and to consultants, service providers, and contractors that Chronus uses to support business and operations (e.g., delivery services, financial institutions, fulfillment services, technical support, advertising, public relations, media and marketing services, legal services, call-in centers, e-commerce and other web-related services such as web hosting and web monitoring services, and event-related services such as online and offline data capture services). In all cases, Chronus will only disclose to such persons who have agreed to keep the information confidential and use it only to provide the applicable service(s).
4.2 Compelled Disclosure.
Chronus may also disclose personal data to governmental agencies and other third parties:
• If required to do so by law, regulation, or court order;
• to respond to governmental and/or law enforcement requests;
• to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interfering with Chronus’ (or others’) rights or property;
• to support any claim, defense, or declaration in a case or before any jurisdictional and/or administrative authority, arbitration, or mediation panel;
• or in connection with disciplinary actions/investigations.
4.3 Disclosure in the Event of a Sale or Assignment.
Where Chronus is acting as a data controller under European Data Laws, Chronus processes your personal data only: (i) where Chronus has collected your consent to do so; (ii) where Chronus needs the information to perform a contract with you; or (iii) where the processing is in Chronus’ legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. Specifically, when Chronus:
• uses information to create or manage an account, Chronus needs it in order to provide relevant services;
• uses contact information for marketing purposes, Chronus does so with your consent (which you can revoke at any time).
• gathers usage data and analyzes it to improve the Services, Chronus does so based on Chronus’ legitimate interest in safeguarding and improving the Services.
Chronus may also process your personal data in its role as a data processor for your company. In such cases, your company is acting as the data controller and Chronus is processing data on its instructions.
You can unsubscribe from all email marketing messages Chronus sends you by contacting Chronus as specified in the “Contact Chronus” section below, or by following the unsubscribe instructions in various communications that Chronus may send you. Chronus customers may contact their administrators for assistance changing their preferences.
Keep in mind that these preferences regarding promotional contacts do not mean that Chronus might not contact you for other reasons, such as those related to an order you placed, an inquiry you made, a membership you undertook, an event for which you registered, a legally required notice, and so on.
Based on your location, you may have additional rights under applicable law, such as:
• the right to access and review information associated with your use of the Services at any time. You also can request the following information: how Chronus collects and uses your information and why; the categories of personal data involved; the categories of recipients of your personal data; how Chronus received your personal data; and how long Chronus uses or stores your personal data or the manner in which Chronus determines relevant retention periods;
• the right to correct your personal data;
• the right to request that Chronus erase or stop processing your personal;
• the right to export your personal data;
• the right to raise questions or complaints with your local data protection authority at any time.
If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact us using the email address provided in the “Contact Chronus” section below.
Chronus follows generally accepted industry standards to protect information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction, whether in transmission or storage. In particular, information at rest is protected using AES 256 encryption and Chronus employs controlled interfaces (such as proxies, gateways, routers, firewall, and encrypted tunnels) as well as a variety of additional security controls (e.g., intrusion detection systems, data encryption). All communications within the Chronus Mentor Service are secured via a high-grade 256-bit SSL encryption. If you have any questions about the security of the Services, you can contact Chronus via the contact information below.
Where required by applicable law, Chronus will keep your information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. For information stored in a customer account, Chronus will retain such information for as long as the applicable account is active. After termination of the account, information is generally retained for ninety (90) days. Where there are technical limitations that prevent deletion or anonymization, Chronus will safeguard and limit the use of information as required by applicable law.
Chronus may process your information in the U.S. or any other countries in which Chronus has a presence or data processing facilities. Similarly, Chronus may transfer information from the EEA to the United States or another country outside the EEA.
The Services are not directed to children and Chronus does not knowingly collect any information from children under 13 years of age through the sites.
If you would like to opt-out of select communications from Chronus, please visit https://get.chronus.com/preference-center.html
Arun Kumar Arjunan
Data Processing Officer
15395 SE 30th Place, Suite 140
Bellevue WA 98007
Or email email@example.com